Monday, April 11, 2016

MICA Beauty Cosmetics Review: Milky Cleanser + Rose Toner

From where I work everyday I can see the MICA Beauty Cosmetics kiosk and the two stunningly beautiful women that work there, armed with the power to lure makeup lovers in and have them walk away with their hands full and their wallets empty. Every time I have to walk in that direction (AKA - Whenever I have to go to the bathroom, which is often) I have to walk past that stand and those very good makeup artists/saleswomen. So of course it's no surprise that after only a few months I'm on a first-name basis with them and they've gotten more of my money than I'd like to admit.


 MICA Beauty cosmetics is 100% all-natural beauty line that I was introduced to through my previous Ipsy bag subscription. If the name sounds familiar, you might've seen products displayed in your local salon, at a kiosk in your local mall, or in one or a few of your subscription bags/boxes. MICA Beauty has been around since 2001 and has grown out of Los Angeles in into 15 different countries and only continues to expand into new territories and new products.

The two items I'm reviewing are the items that started the MICA Beauty obsession for me: the Milky Cleanser and Refreshing Toner. One day one of the girls had put some of the Milky Cleanser on the back of my hand and wiped it away to reveal, quite embarrassingly, how much dirt I didn't realize was there. I was floored, thinking it must be 10 times worse on my skin, and so I bought a bottle. The next month came the Refreshing Toner. I'm always on the hunt for a good toner, so it was only a matter of time before I had to try this one.

The Reviews



Milk Cleanser: There's something very luxurious-feeling about these products, and I suspect it is one part botanical ingredients and one part price. $59.95 gets you 8.33 oz and while many people like to say "A little bit goes a long way", I like to slather this on and thoroughly massage it into my skin, then take my damped washcloth to wipe it off. This cleanser has a thick, white consistency but with a lovely floral scent. Every time I open the bottle it's as if I was given a gorgeous bouquet with roses, forget-me-nots, lilacs, sunflowers and other assorted flowers. While it may sound like a sensitive-skin nightmare, it is actually perfectly gentle and formulated hypoallergenic. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't strip my face or cause any irritation - on the contrary; it has helped give my skin less redness and a softer consistency after cleansing. One look at the ingredients list can help anyone understand why; ingredients such as: chamomile, ginseng, cucumber, sunflower and jojoba are all present in this magical cleansing cocktail.


 Refreshing Toner: While the cleanser does it's job beautifully, it's still always good to go after it with the toner just to catch any leftover dirt or makeup. This toner is honestly the most expensive toner I've ever bought retailing for $49.95 for 8.33oz, but while some products cost a lot and don't perform, this toner feels more like $100 rather than $50. Each time I use it my skin feels rejuvenated, hydrated, and smelling like roses. This product has a distinct scent of roses without being overpowering or irritating to my skin, which might have something to do with a few ingredients in this product being: ginseng, chamomile and aloe. For the first time in my life - yes, 28 years of existence, I have finally found scented skincare items that don't irritate my skin and actually work.

The Verdict

These two skincare items work together seamlessly, but they are an expensive pair. If you're on a budget and can splurge on only one item, get the cleanser. While I love the toner in a way that isn't normal, a great cleanser is one of the most important items in your skincare routine and should not be ignored. However, if you can afford both, get both. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment