Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Review: Mario Badusco Seaweed Night Cream

Does your skin change season to season? 

Mine does and it's been especially noticeable over the last few years as I've been getter older. A few months ago when the spring started slowly turning over to summer here in California I began to notice my night balm was unfortunately becoming too heavy to use. Night by night it ever so slowly started to create more pore clogging and an overall appearance of just being too heavy for the warming night time weather. 

One morning when I woke up and saw my face looking like a clogged and greasy mess, I decided that it was time to purchase a lighter night cream. That night I went online and began looking for a cruelty-free and hopefully more organic version that didn't make me have to chose between groceries or good skincare. Enter scene Mario Badusco's Seaweed Night Cream. After an hour and a half of searching products and doing research on each company and item, I decided to give this one a shot.




https://www.mariobadescu.com/skin-care


 I was first attracted to the price due to the fact that it was over $15 less than what I've paid before for other creams. That $15 can pay for a month of my Petit Vour box. However, as I've learned from fast fashion stores and accidental knock-off purchases, a lower price doesn't almost mean it will be better. I was equally excited and nervous the day it came in the mail, and for some reason I had envisioned it looking like a gel. However, this is no gel, this is a beautiful cream. The color alone made me smile when I opened it - it has a shimmery quality to it that makes it look like a Makeup Geek eyeshadow I own.


Color aside though, it has no distinct smell and feels highly nourishing to the skin without being greasy or clogging. It's a night cream that's fast-absorbing and just feels good, even for the hot desert environment I live in.






One of the reasons it might feel so lightweight despite it being a night cream is because it's oil free and according to the company's website contains "Elastin, Collagen, and Hyaluronic Acid combine with the vitamins and minerals found in Bladderwrack Extract".

Elastin and collagen are ingredients commonly found in anti-aging products, so not only am I using a more organic, cruelty-free product that my skin drinks up and loves, but I'm also getting a head-start on preventative measures against signs of aging. This cream is now my favorite warm-weather night cream and once you try it I'm sure it will be too. 


1 comment: