Monday, March 5, 2018

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 24 Hour wear 2-In-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner: Review


Black eyeliner - almost everyone you know uses it. It's everywhere, no matter what the trends are, most people love their black eyeliner. No matter how pale or tan they are, most people feel more confidence with that little black line that is the bane of our existence most mornings, but always makes us feel great when we get it right. 

I confess, I own a black eyeliner. However, I almost never use it. The last time I reached for it was....2 months ago? I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but hear me out - I prefer brown over black. I am very pale, so much so that black eyeliner honestly looks a bit harsh against my skin tone. Now, don't get me wrong, sometimes I want to be fierce and do a graphic black eyeliner like I see the models wear (It always looks better on them) so I try it, but like a favorite song, I always go back to brown eyeliner when I want to feel my best.

Enter 2 months ago when my brown liquid eyeliner had run out, and I found out that the drugstore offers many more vegan and cruelty-free makeup options than I ever thought possible. I found a list of vegan products from Physicians Formula ( a cruelty-free brand), the first makeup I ever used, and I knew I had to try something from them. It had been years and years since I had used them, but I had very fond memories of walking into a CVS and asking a sweet girl if they had any organic makeup. She showed me Physicians Formula, and I asked what I should buy, picking up every single product she pointed at saying that that was what she used. 

This time around I took a different route, researching each product on the vegan list before deciding to try their new liner. The promises of it helping my lashes grow and looking great was too much to resist, plus at the price point of only $10, I knew I had to try it.

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 24 Hour Wear 2-In-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner

$10.99




Simply put, it worked great for the first 2 days but after that it stopped going on evenly and opaque. I would do one eye and have to go back over it 6 times to get it to be a solid brown line. Then the second eye I would only have to go over it 3 times to get the same opacity. The next day the first eye might be 3 times and the 2nd eye 5 times. There was no consistency with this product. When I only have a certain amount of time to do my makeup, I don't have time to go over a line 6 times. It's just unrealistic.

The felt tip was slim and made it easy to draw on the line, except the liquid product itself just wasn't reliable at any point.

Furthermore the claims that it would help my eyelashes grow were false. I used this eyeliner every day for a month and a half, and nothing grew except my frustration. There was absolutely no improvement in the length or strength of my eyelashes.

When swatched next to Kat Von D liquid eyeliner, while they look similar, the Physicians Formula I had to go over 4 times to get that line, whereas the Kat Von D I only had to draw once.
As much as I wanted to love this product, it was so bad it made me go out and buy an eyeliner twice it's price because I knew the quality would be better and consistent with each use. Maybe the next product I try from them will be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment