Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thrifty Makeup Solutions

Good evening lovelies! I hope you all have had an amazing week so far. I want to talk to you about something that's very important to me: putting on my daily face. I can't go out without it. It evens me out and makes me look like I'm alive as opposed to a century-old vampire who has just risen from the dead. While I was out of town this past weekend, my blush decided to die on me, which of course is never good when one's skin rivals Casper's. In a desperate attempt to put some color on my face, I grabbed an eye pigment my mother never uses, dipped in my finger, and stained my cheek with it. What I quickly learned is that one doesn't need blush to appear to have color: all one needs is a bit of eye pigment, both for the eyes and for the cheeks.

If you find yourself in a situation similar to the one that I was in where there were no stores that carried blush within a walking distance and your blush decides to scatter into the wind, I recommend grabbing for a loose eye-pigment in a color similar to the one that you use for your cheeks. You can use either your fingers [although application isn't quite so smooth] or a medium-sized blush brush. Too small will make the color too concentrated, and too wide won't put anything on it. Medium will apply the color, but make it look like it's blush instead of that you're using eye pigment. This way you save money, and still look amazing.

The trick is to not apply too much or you'll look over done. Just a few strokes and then you're good to go.

Pigment Possibilities

$50 or Less




Blush

$50 or less




No comments:

Post a Comment