Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The end of an era


One night about 3 years ago I was on a couch with two of my close friends watching "Hell's Kitchen". The wife turned to me while Ramsay screamed in the background that night and asked if I wanted to watch "Mad Men" instead, and I admitted I had never seen it. Of course I had heard of it here and there; people around me talked often about how good it was and I couldn't help but overhear. Much like I had been with Breaking Bad though, I was hesitant to dive into a new show that could potentially become something I would love and binge-watch to catch up then wait every week for the new episode to come out. With my friend's relentless persuasion that night, we ended up watching an episode, and I determined I needed to start watching the show from the beginning...immediately.

Suffice to say I fell head-over-heels in love with the show, the characters, the costumes, and genuinely every. single. thing about it. Mad men over the last 3 years became a constant fixture, something that didn't feel like a show - it felt like a movie I watched a part of every week. Finales are always bittersweet, but instead of being sad it ended Sunday, I want to celebrate it's amazing run. Even if you've never watched it, Mad Men influenced many aspects of the fashion world. Below are some of my favorite screenshots from the show and all it's costume glory.








No comments:

Post a Comment