Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Black Friday/Cyber Monday Conundrum

Hey lovelies! I'm sorry for the delay in posting, we have internet again! Woo-hoo! Here's a video I quickly made tonight for you guys.

Really important, I realize in my video it sounds like I'm bashing Black Friday, but that's not what I'm trying to do at all. Shopping in person on Black Friday in my opinion is worth it for the really pricey/large items like kitchen accessories, electronics, health gadgets, etc. That in my opinion is really worth fighting the crowds for. However, if you have to travel long distances and you're after ONLY makeup/clothing/accessories, in my opinion it's not that worth it because so many companies are now doing Black Friday sales online so you can shop from home for Black Friday and have it delivered right to your door for something that there's a larger quantity vs. only 5 of a specific trampoline that was marked down to $75 from $400 (Random example). Also, Cyber Monday sales are really amazing for all of the items as well, and of course most companies do free shipping or the prices are slashed so low it's worth it to pay for shipping.

I periodically check into my favorite stores, and so I don't feel the need to fight Black Friday crowds because I get great deals years round.This year I saw a lot of companies throwing out sales and deals that I have seen at previous points throughout this past year, which is why I am not as thrilled with Black Friday this year.

I'm my opinion, I recommend keeping close tabs on your favorite companies throughout the year via email list. Some companies of course only take discounts for Black Friday, and if that's the case then buy then, but for the most part more and more companies are doing random sales throughout the year to encourage buying during slower times. I know that Black Friday is built up as the day you run around fight the crowds, but if you can avoid it, shop at home on the websites or wait til Cyber Monday. Like I said, unless you are going for the larger/pricier items, then in which case fight those crowds!

I want to point out that various sites are having several deals today for the Cyber Monday holiday are continuing and the links are below. I hope you guys enjoyed my little show and tell!



Cyber Monday - Extended

Modcloth: Extra 25% off of with code CYBERMONDAY

Saturday: 30% off of everything with code OHWOW

Neiman Marcus Last Call: 40% off of everything + free shipping with code CyberMe

Stylemint: 1 for $10, 2 for $15, 3 for $20 with code CYBER

Baublebar: Free shipping + 20% sitewide with code CYBER20

Shoemint: Extra 25% off sale items with code EXTRA25


No comments:

Post a Comment