Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jeans 4 Justice + Unusual Finds

Good evening lovelies! I hope you all have had an amazing week so far! Due to my involvement with the Jeans 4 Justice organization and trying to find a new place to live, I was unable to post this past week. Going forward I will hopefully not hit any more snags with my schedule.

For those of you that have never heard of Jeans 4 Justice, it is an organization that was started by Jessica Johnson in 2005 when she heard about a rape case that happened in Italy, where the conviction was overturned because the woman was wearing jeans as was told "It takes 2 people to take jeans off" so there's no way the man raped her, it cause Jessica to spur into action to create the organization.

Over the past 6 years, they have put on many different events such as marathons and shows throughout San Diego county to help raise money and awareness. This event they are putting on now goes throughout the entire month of April.

What J4J has done is have different boutiques in San Diego donate jeans to local artists. The local artists have painted their own interpretation of a sexual abuse survivor's story on the jeans. Different boutiques throughout San Diego county are hosting the jeans in their boutique for the entire month where people may bid on them in a silent auction. At the end of the month, all the money raised goes to different organizations that help sexual abuse victims. It is an event that is absolutely worth checking out at: www.jeans4justice.org

Participating Boutiques:

The Fresh Yard
Hunt & Gather
Material
Ragz
Virtu
Detour Salon
Mog and Rue
Azzaria Denim Lounge
Mimi & Red
Art N Soul
FeeLit Boutique




The Vagina Monologues is being put on tomorrow evening in North Park at the Birch North Park Theatre and a portion of the ticket sales will go to the cause. Please make sure to check out and spread the word about the event.

Ticket Prices:
Student - $15
General - $35
VIP - $80





Unusual Finds
 One thing that anyone who has spent a somewhat considerable amount of time with me knows is that I am a cupcake fiend. I <3 them, severely. I own cupcake pajamas, cupcake jewelry, a cupcake maker, a cupcake measuring tape, etc. I also <3 beer. Not quite on the same scale that I wear beer pjs to bed, but I do quite enjoy it. Combing two things I enjoy together is genius, because if I feel like a beer, I can have a beer, while satisfying my sweet tooth. YAAAAY!!!


Pubcakes has it's store location on El Cajon Blvd, and is also sold through the Tipsy Crow in downtown San Diego. It was started by Misty Birchall when she took a semester off from school and decided to mess around in the kitchen attempting to combine her two favorites: beer and cupcakes. And it worked!!! She now owns a successful business.

Lovelies, I beg of you, please do not underestimate the value of a website loyalty program. Most of them are free, and you can get the most amazing things if you just pay attention to what you are getting for each purchase from a website. At Novica.com, i purchased a ring over a year ago. From the purchase, they gave me $5 towards my next purchase. I waited for a long time until 2 weeks ago, when they were having a super sale and free shipping in celebration of a holiday overseas.

I got these lovely earrings:

Gold-plated natural orchid button earrings: $20.99

They went on sale, then the free shipping kicked in, then Novica, also in celebration of the holiday, gave me $7 instead of $5 towards my purchase. The total cost for these beauties? $10, on an order that would've cost in the range of $30. Sometimes you have to wait to find gold, but it is always worth it.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBMeAaTalVM&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete