Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Trending Now: Blue & Orange


Summer's coming and stores are a buzz with a feverish tremor as the race to put the best outfits on display is on. In my world, what I put on the mannequins is dictated (about 80%) by what corporate decides will look good. However, on that 20% chance that there's a mannequin that my Ipad doesn't tell me how to dress, that's when I look to the latest trends. 

The past 3 months of a few of my favorite magazines: Lucky, Nylon, Teen Vogue, have all shown me a very prominent trend in clothing AND makeup - blue and orange. Blue and orange is everywhere. It was seen heavily on the runways, and now I'm seeing it in the windows of the discount store at the horror-movie dark end of the mall all the way to the glittering Dillard's.

In makeup, it's a bold statement, not for the timid at heart. Bold orange lipstick or eyeshadow, or a dramatic big blue cat eye. It's captivating, and beautiful. In clothing, it gives the clothes a very sporty feel, which works perfectly as a sporty trend has been spreading through magazine spreads like wildfire as well. 




What do you think of this trend? Would you wear it for makeup? What about for clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment