Sunday, January 4, 2015

My favorite top coat


Hello lovelies! I hope you're having an amazing new year so far. One resolution I've made for this year is to better upkeep my at-home manicure routine. Because I work a very physically-intensive job, my nails are the first place to show how hard my day has been. It gets frustrating to look down and see chipped polish, but at the same time it has become something I look forward to; a kind of personal time I give myself each week when I pamper my hands and feet and choose a new color for the week.

I've tried various brands over the years of nail polish colors, top coats and base coats. At the end of the day, I can say with confidence I've gone from the cheapest drug store brands to the highest luxury brands, and many in-between. It wasn't until I ran out of my beloved Zoya top coat about 4 months ago that I decided to hunt once again and see if I could something less expensive and just as good. I walked into my Sephora and looked on their nail polish display. I saw some interesting colors, but then I saw the Sales rack, and it was overflowing with various colors of the Formula X brand. 

After a few minutes of hunting, I found a Neon Top Coat on sale for $2.99 and checked out immediately. After 4 months of using this top coat week after week after week, this is my favorite top coat to date. I go with the non-toxic all-natural brands when I can, however, I can say that this top coat makes my nail polish last longer than even the Zoya brand top coat. It doesn't matter what brand of nail polish you use it over, it will make it last for at least a week and a half minimum. I still love Zoya and will use their top coat when I get to a less physically-intensive job, but for now while I am toiling away like a construction worker day in and day out, I will use a product that keeps my nail game strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment