Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Eyebrow Equation Pt. 2


Hey lovelies! I hope you had an amazing Christmas & New Year's! If you're off today I hope you're resting and relaxing with loved ones or doing what you love most. Today is going to be a continuation of my last post regarding eyebrows; Eyebrow Problems. 

It's been about 3 weeks since my post talking about my some recent eyebrow issues and my discovery of organic cold-pressed Caster oil. Well...the acquisition of Caster Oil didn't work out quite the way I had hoped. Getting to the Whole Foods an hour and a half away from me is much harder than I originally thought around this time of year with traffic & increased work schedules. Instead of getting sad about my geographical shortcomings, I decided to figure out what I had the ability to utilize: my own kitchen cabinet. There were several options for hair strengthening in the articles I had read for my last eyebrow post. While Caster Oil seemed like the best option, they also mentioned coconut oil and olive oil.

The first night I tried using coconut oil along with my oil-pulling routine. I took a clean disposable spoolie, dipped it in the warm coconut oil in my cup and brushed it through my eyebrows. The downside to hot coconut oil is that it's runny. VERY runny. I kept having to wipe my face off every 5 minutes, which was frustrating because I used a very sparing amount on my eyebrows. The next night I used my extra virgin olive oil, and that's what I've been using ever since. I pour a little bit into the bottle cap, get just a drop or two on the spoolie, swipe it through my brows and take a tissue to gently blot any excess that might potentially run down my face before going to sleep. I don't want to blot too hard because then it will remove most of the liquid and defeat the purpose of the whole process.

 ((I got these disposable spoolies at Sally's Beauty for $3 a bag and I use each one for 2 nights before throwing them out. I use one side of a spoolie one night, and then the other side for the next night.))

I have also decided to not only hit it topically, but internally as well. That's right, hair pills. Not Viviscal though. I've heard some amazing things about the popular Viviscal, but I went for the more easily accessible option, both geographically and money-wise: Biotin. Biotin is an amazing co-enzyme supplement that is known for helping with hair growth. I wanted to help my eyebrow hairs grow in faster, but also maybe help jump start some extra hairs to grow in too. 


I've been using a combination of these by taking the hair, skin & nail supplement in the morning and using the olive oil at night. Due to this process I've noticed a huge difference in my eyebrow hair loss. I have still lost a few hairs, however, I have not lost hairs every day and when I have lost hairs, it's only been one or two vs. 6 or 7 at a time. The first night I used the olive oil I actually asked my husband the following morning if he noticed anything different about my eye area, and he said my eyebrows looked thicker. I didn't prompt him to even look at my eyebrows, I just randomly asked him out of nowhere and that's what he said. Clearly something works. 

Of course, I have only been using this process for a little over 2 weeks, so I will keep using it for another 4 weeks and update along the way. I do also want to note I have switched up my makeup remover for my eyebrow area. I was using the Clinique makeup remover, but I am now using the Lush Ultrabland cleanser. It is sold as a facial cleanser, but it is the BEST makeup remover I have ever used. It's really gentle but it removes everything, even waterproof mascara.

((These are my eyebrows now after using this process for a little over 2 weeks. Please forgive my skin. To me they look much thicker. I can still see a bit of sparseness from areas where hairs came out, but they're quickly filling in.))

I hope this helps anyone out there who might be experiencing the same problems <.3


No comments:

Post a Comment