Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The day before my birthday


Hey lovelies, tomorrow is my birthday! I'm turning 26, and I will be working. No sleeping in for this lady.

I might or might not have the energy to post tomorrow after work as the next two days are going to be me putting the pedal to the metal with some seriously huge projects at work, so I'm posting today. Also, I normally post on Wednesdays and Sundays, so I'll stick to my regularly scheduled program, haha. 

As I'm now a full year past a quarter of a century old, I've been reflecting on some life lessons I've learned thus far:

 Important Mid-20's Life Lessons

1.) Counterfeit makeup is very real, and VERY convincing sometimes until you get it home, put it next to the real makeup and realize you've been duped. Again.

2.) I'm not 20 anymore, anything heavy eaten late at night is not my friend, especially the next morning. (I'm looking at you, Cajun cuisine)

3.) Adult acne is far more awkward than teenage acne. As a teenager, it's expected and understood. As an adult, it's just stared at and giggled at behind closed doors. I hear you giggling. STOP IT.

4.) I can no longer pull all-nighters and still be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next day. I instead look like a raccoon that had one too many shots of tequila, even if I was only doing paperwork the whole night.

5.) It's not about quantity, it's about quality. I don't need 20 skirts, I just need 4 or 5 that are worth every penny.

6.) Last, but not least - People are going to come and go, but friendship that has grown through the years is beautiful. Cherish it like the precious and rare gem that it is <.3


No comments:

Post a Comment