Monday, September 15, 2014

Winning the Liebster Award



This is my first time getting the Liebster award. I've never received an award for my blog before, so I'm really excited to nominate others now.

I was nominated by the beautiful Carol Wang [Intrice]

The Liebster award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers by other bloggers to help each other gain more recognition. I had heard about it, but I didn't really know how it worked until I got nominated today. When you're nominated, there are a few steps you have to take:

Steps for Liebster Nominees
1.) Link back the person who nominated you
2.) Answer the questions given by the person who nominated you
3.) Choose between 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4.) Provide questions for them to answer

These are my questions to answer from Carol:

1.) Why did you decide to start your own blog?

The idea for my blog came about because I kept seeing articles entitled "Looks for $100" or "Only $200 - it won't break the bank!" and I just couldn't relate. I was a stereotypically broke college student and I really wanted to create a lifestyle blog where everything was $50 or less to make style more realistic. Working parents, struggling graduates, people still in college - I wanted to make affordable style and decorating ideas accessible to anyone with any budget. A lot of us don't have $100 to spend on an outfit, let alone a single item. I also really love to write, so I decided to combine both loves and see what happened.

2.) Who is your favorite character from a tv show/movie and why?

Oooo, hard question! For a tv show, I'd have to say Jane from Drop Dead Diva. She's really smart, always looks so put together, loves fashion and is really bubbly and outgoing. From a movie, I would have to say Claire from "Elizabethtown". She has a really unique, laid back style, is really outgoing, loved to travel and is very fun. She's the kind of girl you'd want in your circle of friends.

3.) What are your favorite things to wear in the fall season?

Boots, gloves and tights <.3

4.)  What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and why?

Fried green tomatoes because they're sooooo good, and a big, thick slice of fresh homemade bread with fruit preserves on top because nothing is better than fresh, warm bread.

5.) What is your dream job?

Working at a fashion publication or in the corporate office of one of my favorite companies. I want to be a part of shaping the image and direction of a company <.3

6.) What is your biggest pet peeve?

When people say they're going to call you back or do something and they don't, and they never give you a reason as to why.

7.) Favorite beauty/fashion item you can't live without?

For beauty I would have to say any type of product for the lips - chapstick, lipstick, lip gloss, etc. Something has to be on my lips at all times. The fashion item I can't live without would be a purse. I love a good crossbody - I own a few more than I really should.

8.) If you could name your own country, what would you call it?

Vogue. Everyone who lives there would be required to do the dance during a 10-minute morning break. It's important you start your day off right, and what better way than by vogue-ing?

9.) What is your morning ritual?

Warm-up stretches, a big glass of cold water and a healthy breakfast.

10.) What advice would you give to your future self in 5 years?

"Never forget to make your happiness a priority."


Here are my nominees:


I know I'm supposed to nominate at least 5 people, but I can't seem to find many bloggers with less than 200 followers! After a solid hour of searching, either I'm looking in the wrong places or you guys are just that awesome. I think all of you are just that awesome; great job guys!

My questions to you are:
1) Why did you start this blog?
2) What makes you smile?
3) What is one of your talents?
4) Who is a hero in your life and why?
5) What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
6) If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
8) What is a piece of advise you would like to share?
9) If you have some spare time, what do you do?
10) Do you prefer a home-cooked meal, or to go out to a restaurant?
11) Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?

1. Why did you decide to start your own blog?
2. Who is your favorite character from a TV show/movie and why?
3. What are your favorite things to wear in the Fall season?
4. What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and why?
6. What is your dream job?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Favorite beauty/fashion item you can't live without?
9. If you could name your own country, what would you call it?
10. What is your morning ritual?
11. What advice would you give to your future self in 5 years?
- See more at: http://intrice.blogspot.com/#sthash.N4wblWyF.dpuf

My questions to you guys are:
1. Why did you decide to start your own blog?
2. Who is your favorite character from a TV show/movie and why?
3. What are your favorite things to wear in the Fall season?
4. What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and why?
6. What is your dream job?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Favorite beauty/fashion item you can't live without?
9. If you could name your own country, what would you call it?
10. What is your morning ritual?
11. What advice would you give to your future self in 5 years?
- See more at: http://intrice.blogspot.com/#sthash.N4wblWyF.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment