Friday, August 7, 2015

The New Foundation/100% Pure Review

Since my beloved Buxom foundation is close to being empty, I decided to take the initiative a few weeks ago and purchase a brand new foundation ahead of time. I decided to try one from the company called 100% Pure: their products are vegan, cruelty-free and 100% organic. 

The problem was that I was torn between 2 shades since I can only order their products online. They have "Creme", which is a light shade with warm undertones, or "White Peach", which is more my color, but with pink undertones. My skin has yellow undertones, which means that if I put pink on top of my yellow, it will make my skin look ashy. I ordered the "Creme" shade, hoping for the best. It came in today and I tore into it immediately for my makeup routine.

(100% Pure Foundation)

(Buxom Foundation)

Left: Buxom/Right: 100% Pure

As you can see, there's a big color difference between the two foundations, however, with my photos and makeup application, I couldn't see much of a difference once on my skin. 



While it felt comfortable on the skin, it didn't dry down matte on me - it still seemed a little shiny after my initial application. It's without a doubt a full-coverage foundation. Using a lesser amount than I do my Buxom covered more than I've seen a foundation do. It lasted through a long day and night an it was still 100% on when I got home. The Buxom foundation is $34 for 1.5 oz while the 100% pure is $42 for 1oz. The price for the amount is different, but after taking off my makeup tonight my skin actually looked a little healthier. Also, in the bottle the foundation smells like cinnamon toast, which to me is a plus.

Verdict: I like it, but I'm going to order another vegan, cruelty-free organic foundation from another company for a future face-off out of curiosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment