Monday, August 17, 2015

30 Days of Lips + Looks: Day 26 "It takes a village"

Day 26 "It takes a village" - BWC/100% Pure/Burts Bees/Alba/Coconut Oil/Derma-e/Bio-Oil/Lush/Olive Oil/Boscia/Pur-lisse/Balance Me


I've done posts before showing the metric ton of samples I've amassed throughout the year from Sephora, random stores, Ipsy, friends, coworkers, etc. However, I've never shown what I actually use on a regular basis for my skin. The most challenging look for me ever is having completely 100% clear skin on a consistent basis, which is why I felt very motivated for one of my "looks" to show you what products I use on my skin before my cake face. I have a lot of acne as I'm sure you can see in the photos. My acne is hormonal/food-related, it is NOT caused by makeup, trust me. I get acne whether or not I wear makeup.

Due to my divorce and my imbalanced sleep schedule and on-off healthy eating, I'm on-off breaking out more than I ever have been before in my life. I can honestly say thought without a doubt that these products actually make my skin happy. Some people can eat pasta carbonara right before bed time and wake up fresh and dewy-faced without a pimple. I unfortunately eat anything sugar or dairy-related and I get instant acne/inflammation. I seem to keep accidentally eating foods that I think are dairy and sugar-free! These products help tremendously or I'd be complete pizza face right now. The little clear container with a yellow liquid is olive oil for my eyebrows, and the coconut oil is for eyemakeup removal/oil pulling. 

It definitely takes a village, as each product I use at specific times and on specific days in my routine. I'm regimented and treat my face well. I'm hoping adding more meditation to my routine will help with my inflammation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment