Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thrifty. Much.

Good evening lovelies!

Tonight, I want to talk to you about being thrifty. I think there's a very common misconception about the term "thrifty". There is a negativity I've found attached to the word. It is believed that to be thrifty, one must sacrifice style and shopping just to save a few dollars.

HA.

I am not saying I'm a style icon by any means, or that my style is even amazing. From time to time, I will wear things that I probably shouldn't have paired with those shoes or that skirt, or even that sweater. I won't lie, I make a fashion faux-pas every now and again. I'm human, I make mistakes, it's how I learn.

But I will say that I have been complimented on my style being incredibly unique. I've been complimented on the fact that I'm not afraid to take risks and try new things; some of those things being recent additions to my wardrobe.

But just like you, I'm on a budget. And also just like you, I get the urge to go shopping, probably more often that any woman really should.

How do I afford to add to my wardrobe and not break my pitifully small bank?

Thrift stores. Swapmeets. Yard Sales. Sales Racks. Friends' wardrobes. You name it, I've gotten something from it. I'm not ashamed, and you shouldn't be either.


There are those of you out there who don't know the beauty of being thrifty. Tonight, I have an example to show you all as to what it means to get a really great deal.

Fantastic Find

$50 or less



Michael Michael Kors Heels: $5.00

Yes, you read correctly. I picked up these Michael Kors Heels, for $5, at the swap meet down the street from where I live.




This kind of find doesn't happen every day. There have been many days where I've gone on the hunt for something amazing and found nothing at all. It happens. And yes, it's frustrating when you go hunting and find nothing. Why do I keep going back then? Because of these shoes. This amazing find. This amazing deal. And the millions of other deals out there just waiting to be found. Oh, and the amount of money that you save buying these amazing deals rather than paying full-price somewhere else.

Why should anyone be thrifty? Because when people compliment your dress, your shoes, your purse, your whole outfit, you can sit there and say "I spent less than $50 for this". And when your friends' mouths drop in shock, because trust me, they will, you can sit there satisfied knowing that you're the smartest shopper of them all.


<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment