Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nail-ed it

Hello lovelies! I hope you all are having an amazing week so far and are enjoying this awesome weather!

While I know that I am not a makeup pro, or even somewhat close, I do understand that fashion and makeup go hand in hand. A great outfit isn't complete without a touch of lip gloss or some blush on the cheeks. One thing that is constantly overlooked though in both the fashion and makeup industry: nail polish.

Now, don't get me wrong, there have been a few mentions of the hot nail polish colors for the seasons every now and again, but how many articles are there for the latest blush and eyeliner trends as compared to the latest nail trends? The contrast is staggering.

While nail polish is viewed by many as just purely makeup, I view it as an accessory as well. How much more amazing does that outfit look with that bright blue electric pop of color while your fingers rest against the fabric? How much more polished do you look with the clear sheen of pearl while you fix your shoes?

Nail polish, while seemingly simple and miniscule, is actually a very powerful detail and overlooked accessory in the everyday outfit. While I am very big into nail polish, I have a problem that is actually not that uncommon: dry nails. They're so dry, I can paint my nails at night, wake up the next morning and they'll already be half chipped off. It's a frustrating situation and I had nearly given up even painting my nails with a clear top coat, until a couple of months ago when I found my nail savior:

Zoya nail polish.

Zoya was the first of it's kind; the first long-lasting toxin-free natural nail polish. Zoya has since revolutionized the nail industry, and given people like me hope again for fun-looking nails. The best thing about Zoya is that it's actually about the same price, usually less expensive, then its competitors; Sally Hansen, Priti, Honeybee Gardens. Believe me when I say, I've tried them all, and ALL of them, except for Zoya, chipped off within 2 days. Zoya didn't start to chip until the 6th day, and that's on my uncommonly dry nails with me doing dishes, housework, etc.

Zoya Nail Polish

$50 or Less



"Creamy": $7.00

When I was in high school, neons and crazy designs on my nails were my thing, but the maintenance time on my nails every other day just got me to the point where I didn't even want an attention-grabbing color because the chipping would be noticeable. Since discovering Zoya, I've had my eye on this color, and I truly believe that this will be my summer color from now on. While this yellow is bright, I feel like it's actually a neutral, and it will genuinely go with everything because it's sunny, yet not too overpowering.


"Neveah": $7.00

Because of my eclectic tastes, I've had it happen where the nail polish I was wearing either was too matchy-matchy with my outfit, or clashed horrifically. I've become a MAJOR fan of more neutral, easy colors so I'll never be too matchy-matchy, yet my nails will always work with whatever wardrobe mood i'm in that day.



"Miley": $7.00

This color is so beautiful and so feminine, and just a really lovely, light color. I feel like this could be worn any time of the year and go with every style. This color is a lovely complimenting color. It will never overpower your outfit, it will always compliment it.





"Ashley": $7.00

This is soooo gorgeous. A really rich kind of magenta with a hint of eggplant, just really royal. Darks are most definitely neutrals too, and for those looking for a color, but a dark, this is a really excellent way to go. My big thing is looking for colors and palettes that can work with any style and darks like this are perfect for that. And yes, you can wear darks during summer as well. I have seen black worn during summer and it totally worked.



"Yummy": $7.00

This is another color I've had my eye on. It's a hint darker than robin's egg blue, but it's still this very beautiful, neutral, almost vintage-feeling blue. I imagine puffy white clouds against blue skies of this color, frilly dresses and sweet summer drinks by the lake. This blue is warmer than most blues, which I think is what makes it so attractive. It's definitely an easy color to wear, for anyone of any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment