Sunday, July 11, 2010

Retro Re-do

Good evening lovelies! About a week ago on livejournal.com, I joined a group called "vintagegroupies". Since then, I have seen so many beautiful, random photos of rock icons, their girlfriends, wives, friends, and family members. I love signing on and just looking through all of the photos.

As I'm sure most of you have noticed by now, the "retro" or "vintage" look is still very spot-on, even after being trendy for such a long period of time. I am so very inspired by the photos I've been seeing, that today, I am going to show you 3 key ways to go vintage, without having to re-vamp your entire wardrobe.

Mind you of course, it completely depends on the period you are going for, but I feel these 3 things sum up the "vintage" look quite nicely.

3 Easy Ways to go Retro
$50 or Less


#1. Big Floppy Hat

Floppy Lurex Hat: $34.00

For those who are like me and have rather puffy hair, a baret might be a better way to go for the baret (I've seen pictures of baret-esque hats dating as far back as the 1930's), but the floppy hat is synonomous with vintage chic, as well as protecting skin throughout the ages!

#2. Classic Sun Dress



Livia Floral Dress: $26.50

There is documentation as far back as the 1940's of the classic sun dress. Naturally of course, the lengths vary depending on the decade, but the shape has pretty much remained the same. The classic sun dress has always looked chic and been a cool way to pass the summer days.

#3. Straight-leg jeans rolled/cuffed at the bottom
When Levi Strauss created the blue jeans back in the early 1900's, he not only created a product, he created an icon that would become synonomous with American living. While I understand the Straight Leg cut might not fit on everybody, the straight leg is one of the most popular cuts. I've seen pictures from the 1920's up until today of people wearing cuffed straight-leg jeans during their casual time. For those that can't wear straight leg, the more well-known vintage style of Bell-Bottoms is a good way to go for vintage denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment