Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Style Inspiration: Norah Jones

Good morning lovelies! I hope you all have had a cool and refreshing summer week thus far.

Just to let you all know, I am going to be doing a product review from the AMAZING CSN.com site. They are an amazing website that contain everything from home accessories such as throw pillows and rugs, all the way to fixtures such as wall sconces. This will be my first product review, so I'm very excited. It will either be Sunday or next Wednesday depending on when the product arrives in the mail. So look out lovelies, it's going to be awesome!



For today's post though, I want to bring to attention a particularly adorable and beautiful songstress, Norah Jones.

Norah Jones has been on the circuit since she was just 22 years old in 2002 with "Come Away With Me". This indie songstress darling has been haunting the airwaves with her beautiful voice and clever lyrics for nearly a decade, but not many know about her style. Truth be told, I didn't even know about her style until late November last year. I was up late one night (Thank you insomnia), and I happened upon a late-night show. I can't remember who it was, but i turned the channel just in time to see Norah Jones come on the stage to perform.

I hadn't seen her perform since "Come Away With Me" was released (one my favorite albums of all-time), and I saw her go on stage in a stunning dress and heels with shorter hair. I realized that Norah Jones had evolved from adorable, to a much more mature yet still aamazing style, thus I decided to look her up. Back with "Come Away With Me", her style was sweet, yet completely perfect and spot-on. Now, she has matured to this very beautiful, unique style. I feel as though she is eclectic without looking like she's trying too hard, or being costumey.


Below is the link for the "Chasing Pirates" video which I just discovered last night, and let me tell, I want everything she wears in that video, and she pulls everything off effortlessly. If you also look really closely in the video, she has a tat that says "Johnny Forever", a tribute to the coolest pirate of all-time, Mr. Johnny Depp! That makes her a million times cooler in my book.


Norah Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment