Monday, July 13, 2015

30 Days of Lips + Looks: Day 1 "Barbie Girl"

If anyone has read some of my previous lip product posts, then you've read/seen that I am slightly obsessed with lip products. Okay, not slightly, REALLY obsessed. However, I find myself gravitating towards certain colors again and again. Along from my lips, my eyeshadow situation is very similar to my lip situation. I love bold, fun colors, but guess what happens on a day-to-day basis....I gravitate towards very similar colors and looks. The problem is that it's easy for me to fall into a rut with my makeup, and so I decided to challenge myself for the next 30 days to put together interesting lip & eye looks every single day to push myself to get better and more creative.

Day 1: "Barbie Girl" - Covergirl Lipstick "Siren"







I bought this color a couple months ago and I haven't worn it yet. For this challenge I wanted to hit the ground running and go bold right out of the gate with something I haven't played with yet. This pink is awesome for the summer and I felt instantly more confident the second I put it on. It has pretty little gold flecks in it and is very pigmented. I felt really Barbie in this shade, so I decided to go with the theme and attempt a modern-day wearable Barbie look. Barbie is super girly with her eyes and lips, but the rest of her look is always pretty simple so I filled in my eyebrows just a little and kept it simple everywhere else, aside from the eyes and lips of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment